After temporarily breaking my computer (it miraculously turned on after a week) and then traveling without access to the Internet, I'm finally back in blogging action. So what have you missed? Mmm... let's start with the fun stuff...
As one of just a few UN interns from the U.S., I took on the responsibility of showing my international colleagues some good ol' American hospitality on July 4th. And by that I mean I had a party. I was kind of stuck for "American" decorations, so I limited myself to some print-outs of Obama, a homemade shrine to Dr. Pepper, and a bowl full of gummy hamburgers. Because I couldn't locate any shitty American beer, as is required for any good July 4th party, I just bought a lot of Austrian beer and then taped "FREEDOM BEER" labels on them. Yes, it was a great moment for the U.S.

Hahaha. We spent all of July 4th running around the Loire Valley yelling FRITES DE LIBERTE!
ReplyDeleteShitty American beer? What are you talking about we have some gems... we got Heinekan, Lebatt Blue, and Budweiser. Oh wait, Budweiser was sold to some Euro trash brewery. Anyways at least we got the first two.
ReplyDeleteAnd P.S. gummy hamburgers, whether that is a candy or actual hamburgers that are gummy, sounds really f*in nasty.