Happy International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Drug Trafficking.
The UNODC put out a public service announcement that yours truly got to screen yesterday. I even got to help decide which version of the PSA to use! After sitting through years of hokey D.A.R.E. classes, this commercial was a welcome change. The focus group I sat in yesterday was a little confused as to why there's a graphic close-up of one of the addicts' cold sores, but if that keeps the kids from shooting up, it works for me.
Update: UNODC/the 2009 World Drug Report got a Gawker shout-out. Well, sort of. (Thanks, Neeraja!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What drug gives you cold sores?
ReplyDeleteAlso, have you ever seen the Montana Meth Project? The videos are similar but way more graphic.
Haha. I have no idea what drug gives you cold sores - maybe you're supposed to infer that if you shoot up, you're more likely to engage in the kind of risky behaviors that lead to cold sores? Or maybe the creators just went with something gross for effect?
ReplyDelete