Friday, May 22, 2009

2 euros

That's all it costs to get some pretty solid white wine in Vienna. Reason#4,527 to move here permanently.

I got a cell phone today. I think the number is 0680 3139144. There are a lot of numbers on the back of my SIM card box but the descriptions for them are all in German, which I can't read. Oh well. Give it a shot.

My supervisor gave me my first real assignment yesterday and I finished it just before I left the office this evening. He's leaving for Pakistan in a week and wanted to have a two-page synopsis on the state of Pakistan's police forces to give out to other people on the mission. Crazy! The research was intense but I actually learned a lot. Once my report gets edited and handed back to me, maybe I'll post it.

Also, I hit up the Vienna nightlife last night with the other UN interns. Insanity. Again, I wish I had a camera with me. Can you picture hundreds of Austrians, drunk on cheap wine, sprawled out on the steps of the Hapsburg palaces? A beautiful sight.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where's your camera?!!? we need pics asap!
    PS. too early to ask about the Vienna boys? lol inquiring minds want to know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haaaaaa. OK, I'm now officially bringing my camera to work everyday just in case there's something worth capturing.

    So far, it's too early to report back on the Viennese gentlemen. But don't you worry, Lola. I'm sure there will be something worth mentioning soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have access to a ReWe grocery store, go there. They have store brand red wine (literally called Rouge if I recall correctly) that is 2 euros (or it was 2 years ago, perhaps with inflation it's now 3 euros for 1.5 liters). Best cheap red wine ever.

    ReplyDelete